Overall profit and loss responsibility for management of the resort. Responsible for profitability, guest service, product quality, risk management, and overall cleanliness and maintenance of the property. This involves early identification of potential problems, assignment of task(s) to resolve the problem(s), monitoring of the progress and evaluation of the results.
Directly reports to: Alba CEO
Directly supervises: All HODs
Accountable resort: Alba resort
Corporate Relationships: Other corporate personnel will interface and assist in the direction of their functional counterparts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in all aspects of business planning
- Ensures efficient and effective operation of the Housekeeping, Front Office, Maintenance, Food & Beverage.
- Supervises Sales team, ensures Sales program & plan are well followed, is responsible of Hotels’ sales revenue.
- Oversees implementation of all hotel operational and human resource policies and procedures.
- Recruits, interviews and selects new employees; disciplines and discharges employees when necessary.
- Supervises training of all personnel. Evaluates employee performance.
- Manages and develops the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning.
- Conducts regular HOD meetings and communication meetings.
- Keeps accurate and detailed documentation of personnel discipline issues, utilizing forms and procedures provided by Alba Hospitality. Assists department supervisor to document thoroughly, legibly, and in line with Alba’s expectations.
- Assures all guest complaints are resolved immediately, speaking with the guests personally whenever possible. Resolves customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Maintain guest confidence through prompt and courteous communication with guests and associates.
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout property. Ensures that guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goal and objectives and instills 100% guest satisfaction objective to all associates.
- Maintains a close, professional relationship with individuals and contacts important to the operation of the resort.
- Receives and follows through on all letters, social media communication, emails, and telephone calls to the resort.
- Responsible for maintaining Alba Brand Standards throughout the resort
- Meet all financial review dates and Alba Hospitality directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Manages all aspects of P&L by controlling costs and achieving budgeted goals.
- Maintains an up-to-date General Ledger.
- Monitors labor productivity, departmental scheduling.
- Inspects rooms and other property facilities weekly.
- Travels to attend corporate training, meetings and other event(s) as deemed necessary.
- Experience as General manager within a similar quality resort
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Possess strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability
- Experience managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results in a similar sized properties
- Excellent leadership skills & exceptional communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel/leisure/service sector
- Experience in hotel ecommerce & new media marketing is an absolute advantage
HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.